Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,
Wair’as recog’nition ov dhe in’heerent digniti and ov dhe eequel and in’ailyenebl ryts ov all members ov dhe hiumen famili is dhe foun’daition ov freedem, justiss and peess in dhe wurld,
Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,
Wair’as disri’gard and con’tempt for hiumen ryts hav ri’sulted in barberuss acts wich hav outraijd dhe conshenss ov mankynd, and dhe advent ov a wurld in wich hiumen beeings shal en’joy freedem ov speech and bi’leef and freedem from feer and wont has been pro’claimd as dhe hyest aspe’raition ov dhe comen peepl,
Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,
Wair’as it is e’censhel, if man is not tu bee com’peld tu hav ri’corss, as a last ri’sort, tu ri’belyen a’genst tireni and o’pretion, dhat hiumen ryts shood bee pro’tected by dhe ruul ov law,
Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,
Wair’as it is e’censhel tu pro’moat dhe di’velepment ov frendli ri’laitions bi’tween naitions,
Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
Wair’as dhe peepls ov dhe Iu’nyted Naitions hav in dhe Charter ria’furmd dhair faith in funde’mentl hiumen ryts, in dhe digniti and wurth ov dhe hiumen pursen and in dhe eequel ryts ov men and wimin and hav di’turmind tu pro’moat soashel progress and beter standerds ov lyf in larjer freedem,
Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
Wair’as Member Staits hav plejd dhem’selvs tu a’cheev, in co-ope’raition widh dhe Iu’nyted Naitions, dhe pro’moation ov iuni’vurssl ri’spect for and ob’zurvenss ov hiumen ryts and funde’mentl freedems,
Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,
Wair’as a comen under’standing ov dhees ryts and freedems is ov dhe graitest im’poartenss for dhe fool riali’saition ov dhiss plej,
Now, Therefore The General Assembly proclaims this Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.
Now, Dhairfoar Dhe Jenerel A’cembli pro’claims dhiss Iuni’vurssl Decle’raition ov Hiumen Ryts as a comen standerd ov a’cheevment for all peepls and all naitions, tu dhe end dhat evri indi’vijual and evri orgen ov sos’saieti, keeping dhiss Decle’raition constentli in mynd, shal stryv by teeching and ejoo’caition tu pro’moat ri’spect for dhees ryts and freedems and by pro’gressiv mezhers, nationel and inter’nationel, tu si’kiur dhair iuni’vurssl and i’fectiv recog’nition and ob’zurvenss, boath a’mung dhe peepls ov Member Staits dhem’selvs and a’mung dhe peepls ov territoaries under dhair jooris’diction.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
All hiumen beeings ar born free and eequel in digniti and ryts. Dhay ar en’dowd widh reesen and conshenss and shood act toards wun a’nudher in a spirit ov brudherhood.
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
Evriwun is en’tytld tu all dhe ryts and freedems set foarth in dhiss Decle’raition, widh’out dis’tinction ov eni kynd, such as raiss, culer, sex, langgwij, ri’lijen, po’liticl or udher o’pinyen, nationel or soashel orrijin, properti, burth or udher staituss. Furdhermoar, no dis’tinction shal bee maid on dhe baiciss ov dhe po’liticl, jooris’dictionel or inter’nationel staituss ov dhe cuntri or territoari tu wich a pursen bi’longs, wedher it bee indi’pendent, trust, non-self-guverning or under eni udher limi’taition ov sovrinti.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
Evriwun has dhe ryt tu lyf, liberti and si’kiuriti ov pursen.
No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.
No wun shal bee held in slaiveri or survitued; slaiveri and dhe slaiv traid shal bee pro’hibited in all dhair forms.
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
No wun shal bee sub’jected tu torcher or tu crual, in’hiumen or di’graiding treetment or punishment.
Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.
Evriwun has dhe ryt tu recog’nition evriwair as a pursen bi’foar dhe law.
All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
All ar eequel bi’foar dhe law and ar en’tytld widh’out eni discrimi’naition tu eequel pro’tection ov dhe law. All ar en’tytld tu eequel pro’tection a’genst eni discrimi’naition in vaie’laition ov dhiss Decle’raition and a’genst eni in’sytment tu such discrimi’naition.
Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.
Evriwun has dhe ryt tu an i’fectiv remedi by dhe compitent nationel try’biunels for acts vaielaiting dhe funde’mentl ryts granted him by dhe consti’tuetion or by law.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
No wun shal bee sub’jected tu arbitrerri e’rest, di’tention or egzyl.
Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
Evriwun is en’tytld in fool i’quoliti tu a fair and public heering by an indi’pendent and im’parshel try’biunel, in dhe diturmi’naition ov his ryts and obli’gaitions and ov eni criminel charj a’genst him.
(1) Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
(1) Evriwun charjd widh a peenel o’fenss has dhe ryt tu bee pri’suemd inecent un’til pruuvd gilti a’cording tu law in a public traiel at wich hi has had all dhe garran’tees nececerri for his di’fenss.
(2) No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.
(2) No wun shal bee held gilti ov eni peenel o’fenss on a’count ov eni act or oa’mition wich did not constituet a peenel o’fenss, under nationel or inter’nationel law, at dhe tym wen it wos co’mited. Nor shal a hevier penelti bee im’poasd dhan dhe wun dhat wos aplikebl at dhe tym dhe peenel o’fenss wos co’mited.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
No wun shal bee sub’jected tu arbitrerri inter’feerenss widh his pryveci, famili, hoam or corre’spondenss, nor tu a’taks u’pon his oner and repyu’taition. Evriwun has dhe ryt tu dhe pro’tection ov dhe law a’genst such inter’feerenss or a’taks.
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu freedem ov muuvment and residenss widh’in dhe borders ov eech stait.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
(2) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu leev eni cuntri, in’cluuding his oan, and tu ri’turn tu his cuntri.
(1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu seek and tu en’joy in udher cuntries a’cylum from pursi’kiution.
(2) This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
(2) Dhiss ryt may not bee in’voakd in dhe caiss ov proce’kiutions jeniuinli e’rysing from non-po’liticl cryms or from acts contrerri tu dhe purpesses and prinsipls ov dhe Iu’nyted Naitions.
(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu a natio’naliti.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.
(2) No wun shal bee arbitrerrili di’pryvd ov his natio’naliti nor di’nyd dhe ryt tu chainj his natio’naliti.
(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(1) Men and wimin ov fool aij, widh’out eni limi’taition due tu raiss, natio’naliti or ri’lijen, hav dhe ryt tu marri and tu found a famili. Dhay ar en’tytld tu eequel ryts as tu marrij, duering marrij and at its disso’luution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(2) Marrij shal bee enterd intu oanli widh dhe free and fool con’sent ov dhe in’tending spousses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.
(3) Dhe famili is dhe nacherel and funde’mentl gruup iunit ov sos’saieti and is en’tytld tu pro’tection by sos’saieti and dhe Stait.
(1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu oan properti a’loan as wel as in assoaci’aition widh udhers.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.
(2) No wun shal bee arbitrerrili di’pryvd ov his properti.
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
Evriwun has dhe ryt tu freedem ov thaut, conshenss and ri’lijen; dhiss ryt in’cluuds freedem tu chainj his ri’lijen or bi’leef, and freedem, ydher a’loan or in co’miuniti widh udhers and in public or pryvet, tu manifest his ri’lijen or bi’leef in teeching, practiss, wurship and ob’zurvenss.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
Evriwun has dhe ryt tu freedem ov o’pinyen and ix’pretion; dhiss ryt in’cluuds freedem tu hoald o’pinyens widh’out inter’feerenss and tu seek, ri’ceev and im’part infer’maition and y’dias thru eni meedia and ri’gardless ov frunteers.
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu freedem ov peessful a’cembli and assoaci’aition.
(2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.
(2) No wun may bee com’peld tu bi’long tu an assoaci’aition.
(1) Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu taik part in dhe guvernment ov his cuntri, di’rectli or thru freeli choasen repri’sentetivs.
(2) Everyone has the right of equal access to public service in his country.
(2) Evriwun has dhe ryt ov eequel axess tu public surviss in his cuntri.
(3) The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures.
(3) Dhe wil ov dhe peepl shal bee dhe baiciss ov dhe au’thorriti ov guvernment; dhiss wil shal bee ix’pressd in peeri’odic and jeniuin i’lections wich shal bee by iuni’vurssl and eequel sufrij and shal bee held by seecrit voat or by i’quivelent free voating pro’ceejers.
Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.
Evriwun, as a member ov sos’saieti, has dhe ryt tu soashel si’kiuriti and is en’tytld tu riali’saition, thru nationel efert and inter’nationel co-ope’raition and in a’cordenss widh dhe orgeni’saition and reessoarsses ov eech Stait, ov dhe ico’nomic, soashel and culcherel ryts indi’spenssebl for his digniti and dhe free di’velepment ov his purse’naliti.
(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu wurk, tu free choiss ov em’ployment, tu just and faiverebl con’ditions ov wurk and tu pro’tection a’genst unem’ployment.
(2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
(2) Evriwun, widh’out eni discrimi’naition, has dhe ryt tu eequel pay for eequel wurk.
(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
(3) Evriwun hu wurks has dhe ryt tu just and faiverebl rimiune’raition en’shooring for him’self and his famili an ig’zistenss wurdhi ov hiumen digniti, and suplemented, if nececerri, by udher meens ov soashel pro’tection.
(4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.
(4) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu form and tu join traid iunyens for dhe pro’tection ov his interests.
Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.
Evriwun has dhe ryt tu rest and lezher, in’cluuding reesenebl limi’taition ov wurking ours and peeri’odic holidays widh pay.
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu a standerd ov living adequet for dhe helth and wel-beeing ov him’self and ov his famili, in’cluuding fuud, cloadhing, housing and medicl cair and nececerri soashel survisses, and dhe ryt tu si’kiuriti in dhe i’vent ov unem’ployment, sikness, dise’biliti, widohood, oald aij or udher lak ov lyvlihood in surcumstansses bi’yond his con’troal.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
(2) Mudherhood and chyldhood ar en’tytld tu speshel cair and a’cistenss. All children, wedher born in or out ov wedlok, shal en’joy dhe saim soashel pro’tection.
(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu ejoo’caition. Ejoo’caition shal bee free, at leest in dhe eli’menteri and funde’mentl staijes. Eli’menteri ejoo’caition shal bee com’pulseri. Tecnicl and pro’fetionel ejoo’caition shal bee maid jenerelli a’vailebl and hyer ejoo’caition shal bee eequelli a’xessebl tu all on dhe baiciss ov merrit.
(2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
(2) Ejoo’caition shal bee di’rected tu dhe fool di’velepment ov dhe hiumen purse’naliti and tu dhe strencthening ov ri’spect for hiumen ryts and funde’mentl freedems. It shal pro’moat under’standing, tolerenss and frendship a’mung all naitions, raishel or ri’lijuss gruups, and shal furdher dhe ac’tivities ov dhe Iu’nyted Naitions for dhe maintenenss ov peess.
(3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
(3) Pairents hav a pryr ryt tu chuus dhe kynd ov ejoo’caition dhat shal bee given tu dhair children.
(1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
(1) Evriwun has dhe ryt freeli tu par’ticipait in dhe culcherel lyf ov dhe co’miuniti, tu en’joy dhe arts and tu shair in saien’tific ad’vanssment and its benefits.
(2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
(2) Evriwun has dhe ryt tu dhe pro’tection ov dhe morrel and ma’teerial interests ri’sulting from eni saien’tific, litererri or ar’tistic pro’duction ov wich hi is dhe auther.
Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.
Evriwun is en’tytld tu a soashel and inter’nationel order in wich dhe ryts and freedems set foarth in dhiss Decle’raition can bee fooli rialysd.
(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
(1) Evriwun has dueties tu dhe co’miuniti in wich a’loan dhe free and fool di’velepment ov his purse’naliti is pocebl.
(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
(2) In dhe exersys ov his ryts and freedems, evriwun shal bee subject oanli tu such limi’taitions as ar di’turmind by law soalli for dhe purpess ov si’kiuring due recog’nition and ri’spect for dhe ryts and freedems ov udhers and ov meeting dhe just ri’quyrments ov mo’raliti, public order and dhe jenerel welfair in a deme’cratic sos’saieti.
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
(3) Dhees ryts and freedems may in no caiss bee exersysd contrerri tu dhe purpesses and prinsipls ov dhe Iu’nyted Naitions.
Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.
Nuthing in dhiss Decle’raition may bee in’turprited as im’plying for eni Stait, gruup or pursen eni ryt tu en’gaij in eni ac’tiviti or tu per’form eni act aimd at dhe di’struction ov eni ov dhe ryts and freedems set foarth heer’in.