Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,
Whairas recognition ov the inheerent digniti and ov the eequel and inailyenebl ryts ov all members ov the huemen famili is the foundaition ov freedem, justiss and peess in the wurld,
Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,
Whairas disrigard and contémpt for huemen ryts hav risulted in barberuss acts which hav óutraijd the conshenss ov mankynd, and the ádvent ov a wurld in which huemen beeings shal enjoy freedem ov speech and bileef and freedem from feer and wont has been proclaimd as the hyest asperaition ov the comen peepl,
Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,
Whairas it is ecenshel, if man is not tu bee compéld tu hav ricorss, as a last risort, tu ribelyen agenst tireni and opretion, that huemen ryts shood bee protécted by the ruul ov law,
Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,
Whairas it is ecenshel tu promoat the divelepment ov frendli rilaitions bitween naitions,
Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
Whairas the peepls ov the Uenýted Naitions hav in the Charter riafurmd thair faith in fundeméntel huemen ryts, in the digniti and wurth ov the huemen pursen and in the eequel ryts ov men and wimin and hav diturmind tu promoat soashel progress and beter standerds ov lyf in larjer freedem,
Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
Whairas Member Staits hav plejd themselvs tu acheev, in co-operaition with the Uenýted Naitions, the promoation ov uenivúrssel rispect for and obzurvenss ov huemen ryts and fundeméntel freedems,
Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,
Whairas a comen understanding ov thees ryts and freedems is ov the graitest importenss for the fool rialisaition ov thiss plej,
Now, Therefore The General Assembly proclaims this Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.
Now, Thairfor The Jenerel Acembli proclaims thiss Uenivúrssel Decleraition ov Huemen Ryts as a comen standerd ov acheevment for all peepls and all naitions, tu the end that evri indivijual and evri orgen ov sociyeti, keeping thiss Decleraition constentli in mynd, shal stryv by teeching and ejoocaition tu promoat rispect for thees ryts and freedems and by progréssiv mezhers, nationel and internationel, tu sicuer thair uenivúrssel and ifectiv recognition and obzurvenss, boath amung the peepls ov Member Staits themselvs and amung the peepls ov térritories under thair joorisdiction.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
All huemen beeings ar born free and eequel in digniti and ryts. Thay ar endowd with reesen and conshenss and shood act tords wun anuther in a spirit ov brutherhood.
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
Evriwun is entyteld tu all the ryts and freedems set forth in thiss Decleraition, without distinction ov eni kynd, such as raiss, culer, sex, langgwij, rilijen, politicl or uther opinyen, nationel or soashel órrijin, properti, burth or uther staituss. Furthermor, no distinction shal bee maid on the baiciss ov the politicl, joorisdictionel or internationel staituss ov the cuntri or térritori tu which a pursen bilóngs, whether it bee indipendent, trust, non-self-guverning or under eni uther limitaition ov sovrinti.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
Evriwun has the ryt tu lyf, liberti and sicueriti ov pursen.
No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.
No wun shal bee held in slaiveri or survitued; slaiveri and the slaiv traid shal bee prohíbited in all thair forms.
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
No wun shal bee subjécted tu torcher or tu crual, inhuemen or digraiding treetment or punishment.
Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.
Evriwun has the ryt tu recognition evriwhair as a pursen bifor the law.
All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
All ar eequel bifor the law and ar entyteld without eni discriminaition tu eequel protection ov the law. All ar entyteld tu eequel protection agenst eni discriminaition in viyelaition ov thiss Decleraition and agenst eni insytment tu such discriminaition.
Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.
Evriwun has the ryt tu an ifectiv remedi by the compitent nationel trybúenels for acts viyelaiting the fundeméntel ryts granted him by the constituetion or by law.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
No wun shal bee subjécted tu arbitrerri erest, ditention or égzyl.
Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
Evriwun is entyteld in fool iquoliti tu a fair and public heering by an indipendent and imparshel trybúenel, in the diturminaition ov his ryts and obligaitions and ov eni criminel charj agenst him.
(1) Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
(1) Evriwun charjd with a peenel ofenss has the ryt tu bee prisuemd ínecent until pruuvd gilti acording tu law in a public triyel at which hi has had all the garrantees nececerri for his difenss.
(2) No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.
(2) No wun shal bee held gilti ov eni peenel ofenss on acount ov eni act or oamition which did not cónstituet a peenel ofenss, under nationel or internationel law, at the tym when it wos comíted. Nor shal a hevier penelti bee impoasd than the wun that wos áplikebl at the tym the peenel ofenss wos comíted.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
No wun shal bee subjécted tu arbitrerri interfeerenss with his pryveci, famili, hoam or correspóndenss, nor tu ataks upon his oner and repuetaition. Evriwun has the ryt tu the protection ov the law agenst such interfeerenss or ataks.
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu freedem ov muuvment and residenss withín the borders ov eech stait.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
(2) Evriwun has the ryt tu leev eni cuntri, incluuding his oan, and tu riturn tu his cuntri.
(1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu seek and tu enjoy in uther cuntries acylum from pursicuetion.
(2) This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
(2) Thiss ryt may not bee invoakd in the caiss ov procecuetions jénueinli erysing from non-politicl cryms or from acts contrerri tu the purpesses and prinsipls ov the Uenýted Naitions.
(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu a nationaliti.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.
(2) No wun shal bee arbitrerrili dipryvd ov his nationaliti nor dinyd the ryt tu chainj his nationaliti.
(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(1) Men and wimin ov fool aij, without eni limitaition due tu raiss, nationaliti or rilijen, hav the ryt tu marri and tu found a famili. Thay ar entyteld tu eequel ryts as tu marrij, duering marrij and at its dissoluution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(2) Marrij shal bee enterd íntu oanli with the free and fool consént ov the intending spousses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.
(3) The famili is the nacherel and fundeméntel gruup uenit ov sociyeti and is entyteld tu protection by sociyeti and the Stait.
(1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu oan properti aloan as wel as in assoaciaition with uthers.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.
(2) No wun shal bee arbitrerrili dipryvd ov his properti.
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
Evriwun has the ryt tu freedem ov thaut, conshenss and rilijen; thiss ryt incluuds freedem tu chainj his rilijen or bileef, and freedem, yther aloan or in comueniti with uthers and in public or pryvet, tu manifest his rilijen or bileef in teeching, practiss, wurship and obzurvenss.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
Evriwun has the ryt tu freedem ov opinyen and ixpretion; thiss ryt incluuds freedem tu hoald opinyens without interfeerenss and tu seek, riceev and impart infermaition and ydías thru eni meedia and rigardless ov frúnteers.
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu freedem ov peessful acembli and assoaciaition.
(2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.
(2) No wun may bee compéld tu bilóng tu an assoaciaition.
(1) Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu taik part in the guvernment ov his cuntri, directli or thru freeli choasen repriséntetivs.
(2) Everyone has the right of equal access to public service in his country.
(2) Evriwun has the ryt ov eequel áxess tu public surviss in his cuntri.
(3) The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures.
(3) The wil ov the peepl shal bee the baiciss ov the authorriti ov guvernment; thiss wil shal bee ixpressd in peeriodic and jénuein ilections which shal bee by uenivúrssel and eequel sufrij and shal bee held by seecrit voat or by iquivelent free voating proceejers.
Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.
Evriwun, as a member ov sociyeti, has the ryt tu soashel sicueriti and is entyteld tu rialisaition, thru nationel efert and internationel co-operaition and in acordenss with the orgenisaition and reessorsses ov eech Stait, ov the iconomic, soashel and culcherel ryts indispenssebl for his digniti and the free divelepment ov his pursenaliti.
(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu wurk, tu free choiss ov employment, tu just and faiverebl conditions ov wurk and tu protection agenst unemployment.
(2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
(2) Evriwun, without eni discriminaition, has the ryt tu eequel pay for eequel wurk.
(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
(3) Evriwun hu wurks has the ryt tu just and faiverebl rimueneraition enshooring for himself and his famili an igzistenss wurdhi ov huemen digniti, and suplemented, if nececerri, by uther meens ov soashel protection.
(4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.
(4) Evriwun has the ryt tu form and tu join traid uenyens for the protection ov his ínterests.
Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.
Evriwun has the ryt tu rest and lezher, incluuding reesenebl limitaition ov wurking ours and peeriodic hólidays with pay.
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu a standerd ov living ádequet for the helth and wel-beeing ov himself and ov his famili, incluuding fuud, cloadhing, housing and medicl cair and nececerri soashel survisses, and the ryt tu sicueriti in the ivent ov unemployment, sikness, disabiliti, widohood, oald aij or uther lak ov lyvlihood in surcumstansses biónd his controal.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
(2) Mutherhood and chyldhood ar entyteld tu speshel cair and acistenss. All children, whether born in or out ov wedlok, shal enjoy the saim soashel protection.
(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt tu ejoocaition. Ejoocaition shal bee free, at leest in the eliménteri and fundeméntel staijes. Eliménteri ejoocaition shal bee compúlseri. Tecnicl and profetionel ejoocaition shal bee maid jenerelli availebl and hyer ejoocaition shal bee eequelli axessebl tu all on the baiciss ov merrit.
(2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
(2) Ejoocaition shal bee directed tu the fool divelepment ov the huemen pursenaliti and tu the strencthening ov rispect for huemen ryts and fundeméntel freedems. It shal promoat understanding, tolerenss and frendship amung all naitions, raishel or rilijuss gruups, and shal further the activities ov the Uenýted Naitions for the maintenenss ov peess.
(3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
(3) Pairents hav a pryr ryt tu chuus the kynd ov ejoocaition that shal bee given tu thair children.
(1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
(1) Evriwun has the ryt freeli tu partícipait in the culcherel lyf ov the comueniti, tu enjoy the arts and tu shair in siyentific advanssment and its benefits.
(2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
(2) Evriwun has the ryt tu the protection ov the morrel and mateerial ínterests risulting from eni siyentific, litererri or artistic production ov which hi is the authur.
Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.
Evriwun is entyteld tu a soashel and internationel order in which the ryts and freedems set forth in thiss Decleraition can bee fooli rialysd.
(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
(1) Evriwun has dueties tu the comueniti in which aloan the free and fool divelepment ov his pursenaliti is pocebl.
(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
(2) In the éxersys ov his ryts and freedems, evriwun shal bee subject oanli tu such limitaitions as ar diturmind by law soalli for the purpess ov sicuering due recognition and rispect for the ryts and freedems ov uthers and ov meeting the just riquyrments ov moraliti, public order and the jenerel wélfair in a demecratic sociyeti.
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
(3) Thees ryts and freedems may in no caiss bee éxersysd contrerri tu the purpesses and prinsipls ov the Uenýted Naitions.
Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.
Nuthing in thiss Decleraition may bee inturprited as implying for eni Stait, gruup or pursen eni ryt tu engaij in eni activiti or tu perform eni act aimd at the distruction ov eni ov the ryts and freedems set forth heerin.